Please note the MacKenzie is open from 12 PM – 5:30 PM on all Statutory Holidays.
We Missed You!
We are excited to be reopen to the public.
Please note there have been a number of changes implemented for the health and safety of the public as well as our staff:
- Timed ticketing is now being implemented to ensure social distancing and comfort. We are recommending visitors purchase their tickets online in advance. These tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and includes both member and non-member admission. Please note that members do not need to pay admission, but will need to purchase their complimentary tickets online in order to reserve their preferred time and date to attend the Gallery. Admission prices for adults is now $5, while youth 17 and under remain free. Visitors are encouraged to bring a digital copy of this ticket to the Gallery rather than a paper version. The Gallery is implementing hourly visitor capacity limits in order to ensure we are complying with social distancing and government health guidelines.
- Re-opening admission discount: For a limited time, admission tickets for non-members will be $5.
- The MacKenzie’s hours of operation have temporarily changed in order to facilitate heightened cleaning procedures. Our new hours are 10 AM to 5:30 PM from Wednesday to Saturday, and Sundays from 12 PM to 5:30 PM. We will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays, and will no longer be open late on Thursdays.
- NEW! For seniors and those who are immune-compromised (and their companions): Wednesday mornings between 10 AM and 12 PM the Gallery will be reserved exclusively for you.
- Craft Services Café will be temporarily closed until further notice.
- The MacKenzie Gallery Shop will be reopen alongside the Gallery for your convenience.
- For your convenience, a greeter will now be stationed at our front doors to answer any questions and assist in your new Gallery experience.
- Safety Measures: Masks are required for anyone entering the Gallery, and visitors are asked to maintain two metres of distance from staff and other visitors. Complimentary masks and hand sanitizer will be available. We have redesigned our exhibition spaces on the second floor to ensure our shows meet these guidelines, and there will be increased signage around the MacKenzie to help.
- Increased cleaning measures will be implemented in order to keep our spaces sanitized. As a result, there are a number of spaces and activities that are not available to the public.
The following are temporarily unavailable to the public:
- In person facilitated group tours of exhibitions
- Facility Rentals – Rental inquiries are welcome during this time for bookings in 2021 and beyond. Please click here for more information.
- Public on-site events of groups over 30
- Some exhibition spaces remain temporarily closed to the public
- BMO Learning Centre self-guided art activities
- Public access to Craft Services Café and café washrooms
- Public access to the Shumiatcher Theatre
- Public strollers are not available for use