Please be advised: The Prairie Interlace Symposium livestream event has been postponed. Please visit www.prairieinterlace.ca for more information and future updates. We will be sure to share a new date for this event once it has been set.
Organized to coincide with the opening of the exhibition, Prairie Interlace: Weaving, Modernisms and the Expanded Frame, 1960-2000, the Prairie Interlace Symposium feature a series of intimate conversations with exhibiting artists. Participants include textile scholars from across the country questioning selected artists about their work and experiences with textiles. Pre-recorded over the summer of 2022 the symposium will premiere at Nickle Galleries, live and in person with the exhibition curators in attendance. The event will also be livestreamed.
Timothy Long (Head Curator, MacKenzie Art Gallery) will host the symposium and offer introductory remarks. Following the screening, he will be joined by Julia Krueger and Michele Hardy for a round-table discussion. Light refreshments will be available.
Symposium Participants include:
- Susan Surette talking with Katherine Dickerson
- Sherry Farrell Racette talking with Evelyn Goodtrack and Marge Yuzicappi
- Mireille Perron talking with Phyllis Green
- Alison Calder talking with Aganetha Dyck
- Mary Beth Laviolette talking with Inese Birstins
- Mackenzie Kelly-Frère talking with Jane Kidd
- Mireille Perron talking Ann Newdigate
Round Table Participants:
- Dr. Julia Krueger, Independent Curator
- Timothy Long, Head Curator, MacKenzie Art Gallery
- Dr. Michele Hardy, Curator, Nickle Galleries
Prairie Interlace is a collaboration between Nickle Galleries and the MacKenzie Art Gallery of Regina.
Further details about the exhibition, featured artists and programs is available, prairieinterlace.ca.
This project has been made possible in part by the Government of Canada, Ce projet a été rendu possible en partie grâce au gouvernement du Canada.